Sunday, March 14, 2010

In Room 10 we have been using our senses to collect information and then write an interesting description of a place. We have been learning to use interesting describing words and a variety of sentence starters to make our writing more enjoyable for the reader. CHECK THEM OUT!

Chicken Nugget Library - By Tomas

Today I was surprised because we were going to the library. When we got there I felt sandpapery tables. Suddenly, I smelt cheesy chicken nuggets. The I felt hard number plates.


Our Library - By Suzanne


In the library, the pretty pretty library, I suddenly heard noisy, chatty, screaming children who were like elephants. The tables felt hard like a tree. On the wall there were beautiful pictures.

The Letter Library By Macey

All of a sudden, I found myself in the library, I saw some mightly snapping sharks hanging on the ceiling, and then ever so slightly, all of a sudden I heard tremendous noisy feet coming in. While that was happening I fell over and landed on the most silkiest thing I had ever felt; it was a very lovely silky bean bag.

Then suddenly I felt like going to the library corner, I smelt this little box, it had this very oily smell; I was sure it was some nugget creams. My favourite thing in the library is the books. I especially like the cool chapter ones the best!


The Field at Muritai - By Maya

Yesterday I explored the field. I saw towering trees that were blowing like the wind and croaking cicadas living in them. Suddenly a cicada fell to ground. It smelt of a fearsome and rotting, fishy, smelly, black rat. It was sad. After that I felt rough leaves, when suddenly I heard this weird sound - it was an echoing, barking dog. Then I felt smooth wind through my hair, I felt like a great bird.



The Far Field at Muritai -
By Pra-Wa

I rushed to the field and I hear an echoing barking dog next the towering trees. Then I look up to the sky – croaky flying cicadas was singing in the sky. I smelt a fresh sea breeze around the trees, it smelt like seaweed. Also I felt bumpy hard ground. It made me laugh.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - what wonderful writing Maya. I am very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow cool tomas, i love your title, the chicken nugget libairy, ha,ha. from samantha morphew

    ReplyDelete